Sunday, January 1, 2017

Success to fear

Happy New Year!!!! Welcome to 2017

A dear friend sent me this picture...and I just had to share it. It is very important to remember this in these times when people are all about "having it all." (Keep reading you'll see the picture soon)
As we make our plans (and resolutions) for things we want to attain in our careers this year we need to ensure that we have the right priorities and take the right actions at the right time.

I like to describe myself as a "Risk taker" because I believe that if you never try something different, you may never know what other options exist. People who know me well know that I'm not afraid of failing because the fact that one instance didn't turn out as expected means that I've learnt at least one thing which is how not to do something or something that I should not even do.

As I type this, the Holy Spirit reminded me of a time I took on a job because it seemed attractive - exposure to Senior Management etc. I took a risk that didn't pan out as I expected for various reasons so now I know that I should not just look before I leap - but also ask God if I should leap.

The other part to this is being extremely successful in your career and not having a family and/or friends to enjoy the success with. If you ask me, I'd call any such person a "Successful Failure" - paradox intended.

Even as I pray and plan out my year, I ask you to take the following advice to heart - they came from the wisest man that ever lived. I'm confident that if you do, you'll be a Successful Success.
AMEN!

Trust in and rely confidently on the Lord with all your heart And do not rely on your own insight or understanding. In all your ways know and acknowledge and recognize Him, And He will make your paths straight and smooth [removing obstacles that block your way]. (Proverbs 3: 5-6 AMP) 
Commit your works to the Lord [submit and trust them to Him], And your plans will succeed [if you respond to His will and guidance]. (Proverbs 16:3 - AMP)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Look inwards then step out...