Thursday, March 15, 2012

Dress-sense

I've found that people think that having dress-sense is "following fashion" and that cannot be further from the truth. I'll let Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel and Quentin Crisp help me here - respectively:
"Adornment is never anything except a reflection of the heart."

"Fashion is what you adopt when you don't know who you are."
I totally agree that "to be a fashionable woman is to know yourself, know what you represent, and know what works for you.  To be "in fashion" could be a disaster on 90 percent of women.  You are not a page out of Vogue." (Author Unknown)

Like I said earlier, you can get ideas for others but must never stop being yourself. Who you are speaks in what you wear. I was intrigued to find out what some colours reflected. Since knowledge gained is knowledge shared, let me share a few:
  • Black - authoritative, in control
  • Grey/Gray - professional and dignified
  • White - simple, innocent and maybe na·ïve
  • Brown - friendly, approachable and down-to-earth 
  • Blue - confident, conservative, calm and caring
  • Green - growth, vitality and prosperity
  • Purple - regal and sophisticated
  • Red - power and passion

I'd really like to know what "Rainbow" would stand for - like I said I usually prefer "one-for-many" type jackets or accessories. The truth about dress-sense to me is like Cecil Beaton said: "The truly fashionable are beyond fashion."

Radiate who you are in what you wear and it will reflect positively in what you do. You can be a trend-setter, an original not a copy-cat...just dress well and sensibly.

P.S.
You can read some more about colours here:
http://www.empower-yourself-with-color-psychology.com/color-meanings-in-business.html 
http://www.precisionintermedia.com/color.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Look inwards then step out...